Falveys Single Vineyard
Cases Produced: 770
Brix at Harvest: 22
Residual Sugar: <1 g/l
- Top Wine & Best Value, Wine NZ Magazine (NZ)
- Front Cover Autumn 2012, Wine NZ Magazine (NZ)
- Silver Medal, New World Wine Awards (NZ)
- Bronze Medal, Marlborough Wine Show (NZ)
- 3.5 Stars, Winestate Magazine (AU)
- Bronze Medal, New Zealand International Wine Show (NZ)
- 86 points, Wine Enthusiast Magazine (US)
"What a good find this is! Good wine at not-a-lot of money. Omaka Springs Chardonnay 2009 from Marlborough begins with pleasant aromas of fresh toast then restrained fruit notes with good yeasty, biscuit characters showing. Citrus and stone fruit are followed on the palate by really good biscuit-yeasty-mineral characters and malolactic influence Theres plenty of alcohol too but this is a wine that has the body and acidity to carry it. Definitely give it a try."
- WineNZ Magazine Team (NZ)
"This is full-bodied, offering subtle cashew and melon shadings alongside bold pineapple fruit. The oak stands a little apart on the palate, imparting a touch of dryness to the bright fruit. Drink now. "
- Wine Enthusiast Magazine (US)